The Secretariat for the Pacific Community (SPC), has just released its 25th Women in Fisheries Information Bulletin. Congratulations to the SPC, Bulletin Editors including current editor Dr Veikila Vuki, donors and supporters for this achievement. This issue starts with a message of support from Moses Amos, the new Director of SPC’s Fisheries, Aquaculture and Marine Ecosystems (FAME) Division, who outlines his vision for women in fisheries at the SPC.
The whole issue or individual articles can be downloaded here.
- Growing and empowering women in fisheries work in the Pacific region by M. Amos
- Twenty-five issues of the Women in Fisheries Information Bulletin: The story within the story of 25 years of women in fisheries at SPC by M.J. Williams
- Women in fisheries development by S. Steele
- Supporting women in fisheries by Women’s Fisheries Development Section
- An overview of the involvement of women in fisheries activities in Oceania by L. Lambeth et al.
- Gender and fisheries and aquaculture — From policy to implementation. Lessons learned from Germany’s policy for sustainable development by M. Kronen
- Non-government organisations, civil society, women’s welfare and development in the Pacific Islands by R. Yauvoli
- Gender mainstreaming of Fiji’s forest policies — Issues, challenges and the future for women in the development of the forest sector by V. Vuki and M. Elder