We are delighted to publish the names of the GAF6 prize winners, as announced on 6 August at the Closing Plenary Session of the 11th Asian Fisheries and Aquaculture Forum in Bangkok, Thailand (see also our page with a brief overview of GAF6 and the announcement of the winners). Congratulations to all the prize winners!
GAF6 M.C. Nandeesha Best Presentation Award
- Afrina Choudhury: “Women’s empowerment in aquaculture: Case studies from Bangladesh”
GAF6 Highly Commended Presentations
- Alexander Kaminski: “A gendered value chain analysis of post-harvest losses in Barotse Floodplain, Zambia”
- Mary Barby P. Badayos-Jover: “Security in adversity: coastal women’s agency in the aftermath of Haiyan”
GAF6 Student Presentation Awards
- Khamnuan Kheuntha: “The adaptability to shock in small-scale fishing community: case studies Bang Ya Preok sub-district, Samut Sakorn Province”
- Anindya Indira Putri: “The survival story of wife in securing household’s economy in fishing community of Pemalang Regency – Indonesia”
During my 30 years life experiences gender issues is rarely admire in personal thought, visual effect & socio-psychological relations. But 2 years GDS study causes of reflection of gender sense in every aspect of human social life. I am 😊 happy to be a part of GDS family in AIT.