The recent North Atlantic Seafood Forum, held in Norway, drew protests from atteendees at the paucity of visible women on the agenda (4 of 64 speakers, one of whom was Lisbeth Berg-Hansen, the Norwegian fisheries Minister – pic). The story, “the gender issue” from SeafoodSource.com is well worth reading.
- Contributions by women in the fisheries of five major fishing countries
- Expert panel recommends promoting wider opportunities for women in giant freshwater prawn
- Mapping the action on International Women’s Day ’17
- Yemaya: gender equality in small-scale fisheries is a struggle at two levels
- Broadening perspectives on markets, relationships and benefits in seafood trade: The role of Zanzibari women in small-scale fisheries
Posts by Category