In 2010-11, FAO’s annual flagship publication, The State of Food and Agriculture, is devoted almost totally to the role of women in agriculture, including some coverage of women in fisheries and aquaculture. Sub-titled, ‘Closing the gender gap for development’, it highlights that women face a serious gender gap in access to the most productive agricultural resources and what can be done to close the gap. You can download the full report.
- Mapping the action on International Women’s Day ’17
- Yemaya: gender equality in small-scale fisheries is a struggle at two levels
- Broadening perspectives on markets, relationships and benefits in seafood trade: The role of Zanzibari women in small-scale fisheries
- Women’s voices, gender equity champions and a gender lens all matter – converging messages from GAF6
- Women make the (shell) money but rarely the decisions in fisheries
Posts by Category