Great to see a large fisheries project take gender matters very seriously. The FAO RFLP for South and Southeast Asia held a four-day workshop in November 2010 to go into depth on gender and womens issues in fisheries. A short press release is available and I have been told that the report of the workshop and handbook on gender mainstreaming will be available on the website when finalized. Genderaquafish will keep you informed of its release.
- Mapping the action on International Women’s Day ’17
- Yemaya: gender equality in small-scale fisheries is a struggle at two levels
- Broadening perspectives on markets, relationships and benefits in seafood trade: The role of Zanzibari women in small-scale fisheries
- Women’s voices, gender equity champions and a gender lens all matter – converging messages from GAF6
- Women make the (shell) money but rarely the decisions in fisheries
Posts by Category